The Cobra King of Hong Kong uses snakes to make liquor, though some vipers have survived the process and reanimated. I now know where to take my alcoholic friends’ remains.
4/18/2017: “Don’t Ban, Boycott”
Banning books written by objectively awful people does nothing to help future generations understand past and present social struggles. Boycotts are much more effective. Just don’t boycott my books, please.
4/19/2017: “Angry Mermaids”
Rusalki, or mermaids in Russian/Ukrainian culture, are more evil than their Western counterparts, and with good reason. If I had to live in subzero water constantly, I’d be pissed, too.
4/20/2017: “Literally Bombed Back to the Stoned Age”
On 4/20, stoners around the world celebrate their favorite drug: marijuana! If foreign enemies ever decide to launch an attack sparking global nuclear war, today’s the perfect day for it.
I proactively wrote stories for the next two days this morning. Since I usually procrastinate posting them here (as I have since last time), I figured I'd get a jump ahead so I can be lazy for a couple more days. Here they are:
4/21/2017: “Suicide/Fired/No Re-Election”
Hernandez, O’Reilly, and Chaffetz will, hopefully, soon be out of social awareness. It seems the universe is purging its human garbage. Let us pray that a Presidential Impeachment is forthcoming.
4/22/2017: “Rusalki, Revisited”
Knowing the Rusalka legends, Ivan found the inner strength to drop a heavy stone into the lake, shattering the beautiful yet vengeful spirit’s hold long enough for him to flee.
17. Monday night I watched Booze Traveler, which took place in Hong Kong. The Cobra King is real… and female. Take that, gender roles!
18. Tuesday, I received a Book Riot email that talked about Bill Cosby’s Little Bill series being banned or challenged in libraries. The above were my thoughts on the matter…
19. Fellow author Jessica McHugh shared some #inspirado involving the Rusalki, Russian/Ukrainian “mermaids” who lure men to their watery graves after a sad or violent drowning death. The picture was cool, and before I read the description that came with it (other than the mermaids part), I whipped up 30 words for it. It’s a subject I may want to revisit in the future.
20. I’ve known a lot of stoners in my time. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if world leaders smoked the stuff in private, and took the time to observe this “holiday.”
21. I've dabbled in the belief in Karma... now I'm pretty sure it's a real thing. Next up, Twitler!
22. I t only took one more day for me to revisit the Rusalka legend. I said I wanted to revisit it in the future, but I didn't think it would be so soon!