I'm also thankful for the following 10 things:
1. All my family, friends, fans, and fellow writers for their help in supporting The Odic Touch and Halloween Tales. I wouldn't have taken the initiative to self-publish it if not for them.
2. Amazon, Smashwords, and Nook for allowing me to self-publish for free; also Firefly & Wisp for their publication of "The Walk of Initiation" in 13 Tales of the Paranormal, of which I plan to give my mother a paperback copy for her birthday.
(This is going to sound strange, but...)
3. Not having a publishing contract yet. You may be asking, "WTF?", but the fact remains that if I had a publisher, I'd have to deal with deadlines... and I'm not prepared for that right now, what with school and everything. If I had to finish a novel by a certain date, I'd likely have a nervous breakdown!
(Which brings me to the next item on the list...)
4. Not being too worried about a lack of writing profusely/forcing writing if the Muse isn't with me. After all, it's NaNoWriMo and I haven't written since Monday; however, I'm also thankful...
5, The drive to take part in NaNoWriMo, even if I am over 22000 words or so behind...
6. That I was able to write over 5000 words last weekend through Monday.
7. A newfound interest in poetry, though I still think of myself as a novelist.
8. That I'm finally writing a novel again after 5 years or so, even if it is coming slowly.
9. Picking a genre (horror), no matter what the agent I spoke to said!
10. Overcoming the dreaded BLOCK